Think of your bedroom as a sanctuary. A place you can escape from the hectic world outside your bedroom door. To help create a calming and relaxing atmosphere in your bedroom, you may be considering adding a few rugs to the space. Depending on the size of the room, you may opt for one large area rug. But in certain scenarios, you might decide to incorporate multiple rugs!
Whether you want one rug or multiple rugs in your bedroom, Kirishian Imported Rugs can help you determine the correct size so they perfectly fit in your existing space.
How to Determine the Size of One Bedroom Rug
One of our favorite ways to incorporate a rug into the bedroom is placing it underneath the bed as a focal point. It’s a great way to tie together the room’s color scheme and make the bed appear more comfortable. If you’re planning to add one rug to your bedroom, use these steps to determine what size area rug is best:
- Measure the length and width of the bedroom.
- Subtract 4 to 5 feet from the width and 6 to 7 feet from the length of the room.
- Use these calculations as the ideal size of a bedroom rug.
Using these measurements, you can now feel confident in your rug size selection. If you have doubts about your measurements, consult your qualified Oriental rug dealer for a second opinion.
How to Determine the Size of Multiple Bedroom Rugs
Depending on the size or shape of your bedroom, you may prefer the look of multiple rugs filling the space instead of relying on one large rug to do the job. When placing multiple rugs within the bedroom, this is the recommended arrangement of the rugs:
- Rug at the foot of the bed
- LARGE bedrooms – Best size is: 6’x9’ up to 10’x14’
- SMALL bedrooms – Best size is: 4’x6’ up to 6’x9’
- Rugs on side of the bed where you step
- LARGE bedrooms – Best size is: 4’x6’ up to 5’x7’
- SMALL bedrooms – Best size is: 2’x3’ up to 2’x4’
Using these recommendations, you’ll create your relaxing oasis in no time — the perfect place for a quick nap or a full night’s rest